The Museum of Aviation in Belgrade was founded in 1957 as the Yugoslav Aeronautical Museum. The facility is located adjacent to Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport. The current facility, designed by Ivan Straus, opened to the public on May 21, 1989. The main collection is housed in an architecturally noteworthy, geodesic-based, glass building, with additional aircraft displayed on the surrounding grounds. The collection contains over 200 aircraft, 130 aviation engines, several radars and missiles. In the lobby of the museum, one can find a gift shop, aviation models, an information centre and a contemporary cinema hall.